FOR SMILES THAT ARE FAR-FROM-ORDINARY
Our Altus dentists are board-certified, empowered and forward-thinking professionals who have their patients’ best interest at heart. We provide Houston general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry services tailored to the individual. We want each unique smile to stay healthy and brilliant for a lifetime. When you choose our Houston dental care services, you are choosing long-lasting brilliance.If you have any questions about any of our services below, please call our office at 281.427.5100.
Board-certified & Family-friendly
- Dental CheckupsThe American Dental Association and Altus Dental Care recommend that you schedule a visit to your dentist every six months for a thorough dental check-up and cleaning. We offer Houston affordable dental care that ensures the long-lasting health of your teeth and gums. A professional dental exam will not only detect cavities, but diseases related to the teeth or gums. Children benefit from oral hygiene instructions that teach them excellent brushing and flossing habits.
- Preventative Care/Cleaning ServicesWhen plaque is not regularly removed by daily brushing and flossing, it will harden and form tartar. Tartar encourages the accumulation of bacteria behind it that inflames and reddens the gums. This inflammation is known as gingivitis. If not treated, the bacteria will spread below the gum line, leading to a disease known as periodontitis. During a routine cleaning and checkup with Altus, the oral hygienist will use special scaling instruments to remove the build-up of tartar and plaque below the gum line and from the teeth. This helps ensure healthy teeth, gums and a fresh breath.
- WhiteningGive your smile a makeover with our in-office Baytown teeth whitening treatment. Whether you feel like your teeth have yellow discoloration, or you simply want to make your teeth look whiter, we work with you to choose the most appropriate shade of white for your teeth. You can relax, watch TV, or even fall asleep while we apply the whitening gel. You’ll see bright and beautiful results in about one hour.
- Composite FillingsFor many decades, amalgam (silver) fillings were used to restore teeth with cavities. The invention of composite resin has led to tooth-colored fillings that have replaced amalgam as the filling of choice. Composite is a mixture of glass or quartz filler that provides good durability and resistance, and is also aesthetically pleasing. We provide composite restorations (white fillings) for decayed teeth, as well as composite replacement of fractured or failing amalgam fillings at our office.
- Crowns/BridgesTo restore the tooth’s form and function if other dental efforts fail, we place a protective crown over the tooth. A bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or teeth, and typically accompanies crowns that are placed on either side of the missing tooth or teeth in question. Made of entirely tooth-colored material, crowns and bridges provide necessary support and protection in a way that is aesthetically pleasing, a key characteristic of our Houston restorative dentistry. Bridges are a great alternative to full dentures or dentures that are partial and removable and are easily cleaned by modified brushing and flossing.
- VeneersPatients who have extremely crooked teeth, permanently stained or discolored teeth, broken or chipped teeth and large spaces, benefit from our veneers. Permanently bonded to your teeth, veneers are custom-made in a special lab based on impressions we take in-office. You will enjoy a natural smile that will last indefinitely if properly cared for. This procedure only takes two appointments with Altus Dental Care, during which time only a very small amount of actual tooth structure is removed to enhance your smile.
- Root CanalsThis dental procedure is performed to remove dying or dead nerve tissue and bacteria from inside a tooth. If left untreated, an infected root canal will cause extreme pain, swelling, and may even result in a tooth crack or cavity. During the procedure, patients are given an anesthetic to numb the pain. Your dentist will use a tiny drill to remove the top portion of your tooth, exposing the pulp (made of connective tissue, blood vessels, and nerves) so that infected areas can be removed by special tools. Medicines are placed in the infected area to prevent further infection. Finally, the tooth is sealed with temporary material that is later capped by a permanent crown.
- ExtractionsExtractions – Tooth extractions are performed to correct existing problems or to prevent future complications that may result from crowding, impacted wisdom teeth and the presence of gum disease or tooth decay in a wisdom tooth, or swollen and painful gums near the area where a wisdom tooth has come in only partially. Before removing a wisdom tooth, patients will be given a local anesthetic to numb the area. In some cases, pre-medication will be used, allowing patients to sleep through the surgical procedure. Stitches may be required for some extractions and will dissolve over time or will need to be removed by your dentist after a few days.
- DenturesThe dentures we provide at Altus are natural looking and comfortable. The three main types of dentures available for missing teeth (full, immediate, and partial) are flesh-colored and designed to fit perfectly over your gums. After taking impressions of your mouth and determining the best type for you, your dentures are custom-made in a special dental laboratory. The three types of dentures we provide are: Conventional Full Dentures, Immediate Full Dentures and Partial Dentures.
- Pediatric Dental SurgeryAltus Dental offers pediatric dental surgery at our Pediatric Surgery Center. You can count on the same quality you have come to expect from Altus Dental as we perform these important procedures for your child’s health. Our board-certified pediatric dentists will work with you and your child from start to finish. It’s our gentle touch that makes all the difference!